Tuesday, 9 July 2013

It's Finished

Hello Ladies,

I've finished my Flower blanket :)



 
I'm so pleased I pushed myself into finishing it.
And your comments also helped to spur me on.
 

 
I love that I'm learning new techniques, like joining in another colour without the knots. Finishing off with an invisible method, again without the knots.
I have found many, many people so helpful in Blogging, so newbies like me can learn these new methods (or new to me).

 
When I had finished putting the blanket together, I thought it needed something extra. So decided to give it a border.
 
 
I picked this border from a book by  Edie Eckman called Around the Corner, Crochet Borders. It's a lovely book, very easy to understand and full of many different edgings.
 
 
I chose this border as I thought it looked like the petals in the flowers.
 
So that's my first project finished and I am now able to get my list of things I want to make out.
I'm liking the bathroom mat made from flowers, that seems like a good project, but I also love the anemones. Purple is my favourite colour and when I saw them, I felt they were a must do.
 
Sally x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

23 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, it's so very beautiful! ~sMiLeS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely lovely!! Could lay there looking at all the different colors all day long! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful!! I'm a lover of all things flowers, and all things colorful! :) Great edging you put on the afghan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Sally beautiful blanket you should be very proud of your self
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very cute! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is so pretty. I'm sure you are so glad to have finished it and so pleased with the out come. I'm so glad you decided to pick up the crochet hook after all these years.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all such lovely comments :)
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Sally, it's beautiful! Do you have a link for this pattern as you've inspired me to try making a blanket using this pattern. Many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so beautiful!!! Congratulations!
    Best wishes, Tatjana...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made the prettiest blanket I've ever seen. Congratulations! Looking forward to viewing your next project.
    Hugs Outi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Sally! I'm Nina and I'm following you now.
    This is one of the most adorable blanket I have ever seen.
    Congratulations for your amazing work.
    I hope you'll come to visit me and maybe you want to follow me back.
    xoxo
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some strange reason I wasn't able to join your blog. I'll try latter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is gorgeous, lovely and I need some of your skills in finishing off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too~die~for Gorgeous!!!
    xoxo
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is sooooo beautiful! I love the colors and the gorgeous border!!!
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Parabéns por este trabalho tão bonito!
    Uma muito boa escolha de cores que, com o branco, resultou uma fantástica colcha.
    Agradecida pela visitinha
    Abraço
    Nélia

    ReplyDelete
  19. This afghan has the things I love most. Flowers, a white (or black) main color, bright, vivid colors, and a lacy border for that Victorian feel. I think it's simply perfect! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support