Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Maybelle Flowers

Hello Ladies,
It seems to have turned quite chilly, very quickly and although I am loath to turn my heating on in September, especially as it seemed to go off quite late this year, I finally gave in last night.
But chillyness also means crocheting warm blankies, new scarfs and pretty gloves. My list is endless, not sure how I'm going to fit it all in. Maybe I should make more use of my sleepless nights, hahaha

I have just found this wonderful flower motif on a blog by Annette called "My Rose Valley"
To me they looked more difficult to make than they actually are. 



The flower itself is just 4 rounds and I've been making them with a mixture of DK yarns that I have and a 3.5mm hook. The cream square is just made up of another 3 rounds. 
They are the perfect motif for when you want to sit of an evening and maybe watch a bit of T.V.  They are not something you really have to concentrate on and sometimes simple is nice on those brain foggy days.



I originally tried Join As You Go, but it didn't look right. So I emailed Annette and asked what her preferred method of joining was. I wasn't really looking forward to hand sewing them altogether, but she said on hers she used the DC method. That was something new to me, I hadn't tried it before so  I gave it ago and was really pleased with how it looked.

I've been thinking about making various gifts for Christmas and when I saw the flower motif I thought it would make an ideal lap blanket for my mum. Although her birthday is quite close to Christmas, so maybe she could  have it for that.


Not sure what a good size is for a lap blanket, so might have to do a bit of research on that one.
Or if any of you lovely ladies have suggestions on sizes they would be gratefully appreciated.
I'll keep you posted on my progression.

Take care  and have a good week.
Sally :) xxx

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely motif. It looks relatively simple but eye catching. Thank you for sharing. It would be good for a future project.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was a really easy flower and I think it has a more complex look than what it is. I'm enjoying making them.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Could you please tell me where I can find the pattern? Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Original pattern found on
    http://6ichthusfish.typepad.com/6ichthusfish/2010/05/maybelle-crochet-flower-free-pattern.html
    Please try to link to original patterns source, or copy right could be infringed
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support