Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Rose - Crochet Flower Embellishment

I'd like to introduce myself :) 

My name is Rhondda and you can find me at my blog, Oombawka Design - or my Facebook Page.

You can read more about me and my love of yarn, my Littles and Designing if you are interested :) 

I hope to inspire you with some lovely flower designs over the next little while :) Here is my first FREE Flower Embellishment Design - Rose.

This is a very simple pattern - worked flat and then rolled into the rose shape.

Any questions please let me know, I would be very happy to help!

Free Crochet Flower Embellishment - Oombawka Design
Photo Credit: Oombawka Design

Rose

Materials Used: Lion Brand Recycled Cotton Yarn & 4.00 mm Crochet Hook (but you will be able to make this with most yarn & hook combinations)

R1: Chain 121 stitches [121]
R2: 1 hdc in the 2nd st from the hook and in each of the first 5 sts; 1 dc in each remaining st across, chain 2, turn [120]
R3: 1 dc in the 2nd st from the hook and in each dc across (*do not dc in the first 6 hdc of the previous row), chain 1, turn [114]

R4: [1 ss in the 1st stitch, (2 dc, 1 tr, 2 dc) in the next stitch, 1 ss in the next stitch] repeat across, finish off, leaving a long tail for sewing.

I used my rose to embellish one of the lovely headbands I crocheted using the Flower Girl Cottage Headband Pattern (also Free) and she has provided a beautiful flower embellishment of her own - here is the link to access the 5-Petal Daisy Free Crochet Pattern.

Crochet Rose Embellishment - Oombawka Design - Free Pattern
Photo Credit: Oombawka Design
Feel free to contact me with any questions :) 

Happy Crocheting!




13 comments:

  1. Love that rose - thank you for the how-to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very welcome Kate :) Thank you for leaving a comment! Rhondda

      Delete
  2. Hi welcome to the group, wow! That's one big rose lol
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue :) I needed a big one for my headband ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much that is a fantastic rose.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rose! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rose is lovely, it would go well on my Christmas wreath I want to make.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your rose and head bands!!
    If only I could crochet. . . . .

    ReplyDelete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support