Saturday, 23 November 2013

Free Vintage Crochet Flower Patterns

Today I want to share with you a website that I love to visit.

The website is called: Antique Pattern Library

You are free to download and share the patterns on this website - for free!  Here is their Creative Commons license:


Here are a few of the lovely patterns available:

Photo Credit: Antique Pattern Libary


Photo Credit: Antique Pattern Libary

Photo Credit: Antique Pattern Library


When I search for "flower" there are 61 results.  Not all of these are crochet; some are tatting, embroidery, paper mache, filet crochet, etc...but it is fast way to see if something you are interested in is available.

To search this catalog, you can use the CTRL button on your keyboard at the same time as the "F" key - this will open a small search box in the top-right hand corner of your computer screen.

You can then type the search term you are interested in (for example: "crochet") and then you can click the "up" or "down" arrow to view each mention of the word on the page.

It is a good place to start - but I recommend browsing manually too when you have time because only the 'words' typed on the page are included in the search - not the words in the documents themselves.

Have fun!

Rhondda
Oombawka Design

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I especially like these old patterns because so many call for thread. I love thread crochet. I have every crochet magazine I have ever bought, and I have been crocheting for about 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome :) I have to admit I am a bit of a collector of vintage patterns - I went to the Antique market last week and came across a bunch of Magic Crochet magazines - not very vintage but good for me since they were only asking $1.00 for each one (since they didn't consider them antiques)!

      I am very new to thread crochet - but I love how it looks - so very neat and tidy - not so fluffy :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing about this site....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support